Onward, upward.
Last week, Michael ‘graduated’ from pre-school. He had been telling us about the songs they were learning, and how excited he was to sing them for us at the ‘ceremony’. Both Sal and I were skeptical. We’ve seen how Michael avoids getting up on stage when the time comes, and they can’t make a hole small or dark enough for him to crawl into. But he promised this time that he would get up and sing.
So when crunch time came, Michael bailed, and spent the ceremony on his mother’s lap. Not that I blame him. I’m not sure I’d be comfortable singing in front of a bunch of parents, and I’m 34 years old. But it solidified the fact that our son will most certainly not become a child actor (not that we’d want that anyway).
After the ceremony was over, Michael was back to his old self, running around the classroom, playing with the other kids, even singing. Every kid received a personalized award, and Michael received a PhD in Herbie Knowledge, to no one’s surprise. All in all, we’re very proud of him for learning so much during this past year, and for just being the great kid that he is. Like him, we’re looking forward to starting kindergarten next year, as scary as it might be (for all of us!). 
This is where Michael spent most of the ceremony.
Michael's 'Herbie Expert' certificate.
Michael's home-made cap.



No comments:
Post a Comment