Friday, May 27, 2005

Enzo Ferrari

While in Montreal for the 37th Annual Parchese Tournament a couple of weeks back, I stumbled (insert joke here) upon a very cool store that specialized in all sorts of racing paraphernalia; specifically, Ferrari stuff. Michael would have walked in that store and said, 'Yes, well.....one of everything, please.'

Aside from about a billion types of model cars (including an Enzo Ferrari, which may end up being a Christmas or birthday gift sometime in the near future), they also carried some very cool apparel, including racing suits for all ages. Being broke, I settled for a couple of hats; a VW one for Michael (those of you familiar with his obsession with Herbie will appreciate that one), and a Ferrari one for Enzo.

For those of you not familiar with him, Enzo Ferrari was the founder of the famous car company. While our Enzo was certainly not named after his famous counterpart, it still amuses us to call him 'The Enzo', referencing the car with his namesake. So a Ferrari hat seemed to make me chuckle. So I bought it.

Unfortunately, getting Enzo to keep a hat on for more than three seconds is like trying to keep Michael from wanting to 'make a deal' regarding bedtime/computer time/play time (pick one). And I'm sure that by the time he does like to wear hats, it'll be too small for him. At that point, I guess I'll just have to make a return trip to Montreal. Poor me. Happy Friday.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joe,
You are getting pretty good at this and including what some might consider educational information Others might call it trivia.