Tuesday, March 21, 2006

This is poopy.

It is a momentous day in Enzo History. This morning, Maggie was kind enough to leave a love nugget on the floor for us (apparently, I didn’t let her out quickly enough after her breakfast). I was conveniently upstairs, so Sal had to pick it up, and then let Maggie out. Upon my return downstairs, Michael gladly filled me in on all the action. I asked if Sal had picked up the poop from the floor. After Michael said ‘yes’, there was a short silence, and then from the other side of the room came a small voice....... ‘poop’.

Enzo, always listening, had said his first ‘poop’, and he was apparently darn proud of himself, given the wide grin on his face. Okay, I admit that he may have been egged on by the uncontrollable laughter from Michael and me. Enzo has recently started with the ‘This is’ and ‘That is’ (i.e. ‘This is Herbie. That is Herbie.’), and by the time Sal came back in from letting the dog out, he was running around the room yelling ‘This is poopy! This is poop!’

Such a proud day. I’m happy that you are all here to share it with us.



No comments: