A journey of zero diapers begins with one pee.
Last night, right before we hosed the kids down in the bathroom, Sal plopped Enzo on the potty. We do it once in awhile, mostly to train him to sit there, and we certainly don't expect anything to 'happen'. Well, last night, something 'happened'. I don't know if it was the water running in the tub, or watching his brother all this time, or the 8 gallons of milk he drank that day, but he peed in the toilet - twice, actually, if you include him being startled to a stop by Sal's sceaming, and then starting up again.
I wasn't able to capture the moment on camera, because we simply weren't prepared for it. I did, however, capture the yellow gold still in the toilet before it was flushed away into oblivion (I did ask Sal if she wanted to bronze it or anything first). It may be one pee, but it puts us one step closer to never having to change another diaper (except my own) for as long as I live.
I think it's ironic that there's a big 'B' and 'M' right on the front of the thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment