Friday, November 04, 2005

DV Freakin' R baby!

Our kids may wear shoes that are too small, eat cat food for dinner (if they eat at all), and have cardboard boxes as toys because we can’t afford all that fancy stuff, but we CAN afford this brand spanking new DVR that was installed yesterday. It was love at first sight.

I’m still learning all the things it can do to make our lives better, but so far it looks like a winner. Last night, I alternated between The Daily Show and NFL Total Access, pausing one while I watched the other, then switching back, fast forwarding the commercials, and not missing a thing. Eventually, I expect the DVR to align the planets, create harmony in our daily lives, and unlock the secret to life.


Who cares if TiVo wants to keep tabs on me? Who cares if my every TV move is watched? As long as I can catch the midday ‘Columbo’ episode, they can do whatever they want.


So beautiful....

No comments: