Fight for your right
If you haven’t yet seen the article in the ‘Style’ section of the New York Times, Enzo’s first birthday party occurred this past weekend. While there was some rain early, a brilliant idea by Sal and our neighbor Tia to hang a sail over the courtyard saved us the elevation in blood pressure due to having waaaaaay too many people in our little house. The brilliance of the idea makes up for the illegal trade of left-over beer for white russians that occurred a couple of days later between these two WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. Humph.
Enzo privately asked me to make sure the party theme was based on football, and not some namby-pamby first birthday theme, like ‘Care Bears’ or ‘Sesame Street’ or ‘Girls Gone Wild’. So all was football; the cake, plates, cups, balloons, favors. Speaking of which, while I can offer apologies to the parents who attended the party, I cannot take any responsibility for valuable household items that may have been damaged by flying Nerf footballs that were included in your child’s favor bag. Enzo even wore his Redskins jersey. Granted, it's an old Champ Bailey jersey, who is now getting toasted in a Broncos uniform. But a good effort on his part nonetheless.
There wasn’t much to the party. Just some good friends, good food, beer, plenty of loud kids to annoy the elderly neighbors (you know who you are), and elevated blood-sugar levels all around. Enzo received a pretty good haul, although I think he was hoping for more power tools. While it was great to have all his and our friends in attendance, we were especially fortunate to have Enzo’s Great Uncle Joseph travel all the way from Paris (that’s in France) just for the party, as well as Enzo’s Godparents, Chin and Lady Chin, who traveled from Needham (that’s not in France).
If you weren't invited, by the way, a large cash donation could help to correct that oversight in the future. The way time seems to zip by, I’m sure by the time we have all the used paper goods in the trash it’ll be time to start thinking about the theme for number two (I’m thinking baseball). In the meantime, enjoy the photos.
The invitation.
The cake, made lovingly by Sal. Notice the accurate yard markers & hash marks.
Everyone. Enzo is trying to rip off his 'Birthday Boy' pin.
More people.
Suz's belly (sorry Suz).
The before.
'Wha? Is there something on me? Do I have a bit of frosting on my chin?
Enzo's very own HumVee. Check out the stunned look on Michael's face.
While Enzo loves his personalized bean bag chair, we're going to have to send it back because they put the name on upside down.
'Ooooooooooh!'
Punch-balloons all around.
The tent, which has now become a permanent fixture in our living room.
...aaaaand dismount with a shot of the pregnant sister-in-law making a funny face.

3 comments:
I want the pumpkin muffins back.....
Don't blame me. I'm just the messenger. Blame Sal. She's the one who took the photos.
um, don't drag me into this one........
Post a Comment