Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Neverending Birthday, Part Two

And finally, on to the party. It was an afternoon of kiddie games, screaming, laughing, crying and a whole bunch of 'Mine!'s. And the kids were excited too (ba dum bum). We were granted great weather, as requested, and everyone went home with a prize (except me, because apparently I'm 'too old' for pin the tail on the donkey, despite the fact that the rules were not defined beforehand). Games included the aforementioned pin the tail on the donkey, beanbag toss, and a three legged race. We also raced toddlers for cash, and with some pretty good odds, I made some decent winnings.

The theme was Mickey Mouse, and everyone had specific ideas regarding what piece of the cake they wanted - a hand, the mouth, the nose. I ended up with the crotch. I'll be sure to mention that to Mickey when see him in October.


Edit: Added a video of the singing of Happy Birthday. You've been warned.











Suz's Drunken Parenting strategy on display.

1 comment:

Suz said...

Hey! I've got MAD drunken parenting skillz! Perfecting them has taken almost 2 years!