Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

There's a running joke in our house between me and the boys. Whenever they're looking at a toy catalog, I'll kid them that I'm going to get them a Barbie or My Pretty Pony for their next birthday. Or if we're perusing a Birthday Express catalog, I'll say that we're going with the princess or Care Bears theme for their birthday party. They get all mad and usually a fierce wrestling match ensues.

This year, I was away for my birthday (like a wedding, you have a year to send presents, if you haven't already) at a football coaches conference, which gave Sally and my two little princesses ample time to set me up. When I walked in the door, my birthday dinner was ready, along with a pretty pink cake (complete with confetti inside), a Cinderella balloon, Care Bears balloon, and a My Pretty Pony balloon, not to mention princess plates - and to top it all off, my very own pink princess cup.

They've fired the first shots. Now it's game time.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Correction - not a care bears balloon, care bears wrapping paper. =-)