Attention Everyone: Enzo has thrown up.
So last night, due to either choking or really hating corn, Enzo threw up...at the dinner table. Sally had asked him to eat two more bites of corn before he could be excused, and on the second, he stopped, coughed a couple of times, then threw up on his dinner plate. It wasn't a copious amount of rejected food, but enough to put a very abrupt end to dinner.
He was, of course, a bit scared for a few minutes afterwards, but then the outer shell of anxiety melted away to pure novelty. 'Hey - I threw up! I'm going to tell everyone!' Before too long had passed, he had already compiled a rather lengthy list of people who he was going to tell that he threw up - and not just tell them that, but also how it happened. 'I was eating corn because my mom made me, and I started choking, and I threw up. Yeah, I threw up. I don't like throwing up'.
So, if you happen to be on the list of people who must be alerted to this epic event of regurgitation, you've been forewarned. And so starts the first of undoubtedly many food-related traumas. It'll be a long time before Enzo has corn again - and when he does, I'm sure he'll remind us that the last time he had corn, he threw up.

3 comments:
That's an awesome story.
Wow! I don't think I will be able to look at corn the same way.
Way to go Sal.
Post a Comment