Monday, March 24, 2008

The Jesus Cup.

So the whole family trekked off to mass on Easter Sunday (photos hopefully forthcoming on the whole Easter thing), including the one member of the family I like to call 'Mass Destruction' - otherwise known as 'Enzo'. Enzo doesn't attend Mass very often, simply because it is not in his nature to sit still or be silent for more than 5 seconds or so.

He actually did fairly well this time, limiting his disruptions to a small blast radius around where we sat. We were prepared - books, notebooks, cars and snacks. No drinks, though. For some odd reason, I find it disrespectful to bring a juicebox into church, I don't know why. But we were smart enough to sit by the bathroom and kitchen, so when he asked for a drink, Sal took him to the kitchen, grabbed a cup, and got a drink at the bathroom faucet. Somehow, that cup, the one we got at church, made its way home with us, and a short time later this conversation ensued:

Enzo (with food in his mouth): Can I have some water in my [inaudible] cup?

Joe: Enzo, what kind of cup?

Enzo (clearly annoyed at having to repeat himself): My Jesus cup!




Don't be fooled. His cuteness is just a luring device to get you close so he can wipe boogers on you.

1 comment:

Suz said...

Love it!!