Globetrotters
Somehow, a couple of weeks ago I found myself at the Harlem Globetrotters website, checking out the videos and such. While I was there, I happened to notice that they were scheduled to visit Bangor soon, and so I grabbed the chance and got some tickets.
On Monday evening, Michael and I made our way up there, and checked it out. It was bit of nostalgia for me, because they did a lot of the old gags they did when I was young - in fact, we had the confetti in a water bucket thrown right near us (go here and click 'Vintage Curly Neal Clip'). There were more fog machines, hip hop music, and mascots doing silly things than I remember, but hey, progress is progress.
With the Bangor Auditorium being so small, we sat pretty close to the action, and Michael seemed to really enjoy himself. I could tell because there were a few times when he really laughed hard, that kid laugh where their face gets all screwed up and the sound makes you smile. Plus, I picked a bunch of fancy basketball tricks that I can use to impress the ladies. The merch on sale was outrageously expensive, so all the boys got were Harlem Globetrotters headbands, which they've both been wearing almost nonstop since Tuesday morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment