Faces of Enzo
I was going to post an Enzish update, seeing as though Enzo has been learning some new words lately (see: 'Snowman' below). But then I realized that an update isn't really accurate. By that I mean that Enzo can say just about anything he wants now. If you say it to him three or four times, chances are he'll repeat it. He may not know what it means, but he'll repeat it, and then smile at you as if to say, 'See? You're not so smart. I'm only one and I can do whatever you do.' Smarty pants. With Enzo going into parrot mode, we have to especially careful with what we say around him. Especially Sally. During Redskins games.
As the Christmas season approached, we started to see more snowmen (and snowwomen) pop up around town, on TV, etc. Sal thought it was good idea to teach Enzo how to say 'snowman'. BIG mistake. Since that time, he says 'snowman' (which comes out as 'no-waah') approximately 4,276 times per day. It doesn't help that we have snowmen ornaments on the tree, little snowman figures and plush snowmen placed around the house, and he and Michael each have their own soft and cuddly snowman. The worst part is that when he sees a snowman, he'll shout 'NO-WAAAAAH!!!' and will continue to do so until someone recognizes that he has seen a snowman, and confirms it by saying, 'Yes, a snowman'. Otherwise, he'll just continue with the 'NO-WAAAAH!!!' until my eardrums burst.
On a happy note, Enzo can now recognize and say both 'football' and 'Redskins'. A proud moment, and an obvious sign that he has already chosen to become a professional football player. As his dad, it's now my job to push him as hard as I can to achieve his dream. With Enzo getting drafted in the first round of the 2025 NFL Draft, and Michael winning the NASCAR Cup at around the same time, I'd say my retirement to Hawaii shouldn't be too far off.
Enjoy the faces of Enzo, born out of his abundance of personality.
The fish face.
The sneer.
The Angelina Jolie face (with a little help from dad).
A solo Angelina Jolie.
And finally the 'Love Me' smile.

No comments:
Post a Comment