Monday, April 18, 2005

Mookie Monday

Well, here's your Michael Monday installment....with a slight modification. I've been trying to come up with a suitable nickname for Michael. 'Mike' doesn't work, given that's what his Papa is called. Mickey is out of the question. So, I've settled on 'Mookie', or just 'Mook' for short. Michael isn't fully on board for the name change yet, but that's just a minor detail.

In the short time since I posted anything with any substance, much has happened. Michael...er, I mean Mookie, has started riding his bike without training wheels, and is doing fabulously. We've been training fairly hard for the upcoming Tee-Ball Season, about four or five hours a day, and I have to say that the kid is fast. However, he may not be destined to play short for the Sox; he told me yesterday that he wants to be an actor. He's also asked if he can have my Palm Pilot when I die. Such love.

Enzo is supposedly growing even more teeth (as if two weren't enough), and for the past week has been doing this great surprised face at everything he looks at, it's great (more on that to come). He's also started to let go when standing up and holding onto something. This might be the beginning of the end. Lastly, he's now waving. Not at any particular person or thing, but just whenever he feels like it. He won't wave to me when I leave to go to work, but he'll wave to the dog as she walks by (more on that to come as well).

Anyway, happy mookie monday.




Go skins.

I'm also including a drawing Michael did of his family on his chalkboard. The concept originated on his doodle pad, and Sal encouraged him to replicate it at a larger scale. I think it's awesome.



I'm the one on the left, with no hair and big eyes. Michael's in the middle, and Sal is on the right, holding Enzo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great drawing. And, i can't believe michael is riding without training wheels & playing t-ball already. It seems like just yesterday when he was just barely holding himself up and playing with the trains in your old living room! :-)

Joe said...

and YOUR old living room!!!

Anonymous said...

It kind of looks like Joe is giving us all the finger, though! =-)
As a proud mom, I have to say that for a 5 year-old it shows great detail - note that the adults all have large nostrils. Probably because he spends his whole life looking up at us!

Anonymous said...

It looks like Joe has really big feet!

Joe said...

You're right. It appears as if my left foot has grown to an enormous size. He must have drawn it that way because that's the foot I use to kick him with. So it seems bigger that the right.