Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sox

The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind (as a male who is comfortable with his sexuality, I can use the word 'whirlwind'). Two weekends ago, we drove down to MA to drop the kids off at Nana & Papa's house, where they would stay the week. The whole week. Without us. Which means we spent the week without them. The whole week. Without any screaming, fighting, whining or biting (except for the screaming, fighting, whining or biting that we ourselves did).

I learned a few things during that week. For one, my wife is actually a pretty nice person when her face isn't all scrunched up with anger or frustration at some small person doing something they shouldn't be doing. I'm glad I married her. Two, food tastes much better when it's hot, and when I don't have to interrupt my meal four times to get someone more milk, or wash the fork they dropped on the floor. And lastly, that sound that is made when there's no sound - silence, I think it's called - is pretty darn relaxing. Much thanks to N & P for taking the kids and allowing us to discover these new experiences.

While we were in the Boston area, we took in a Sox game. Much thanks to Barker Steel for the tickets. It was a thrilling 2-1 win for the Sox, and even I got a souvenir this time (see: whining, above). No foul balls came our way, but someone did spill beer on my shirt, which I quickly sucked out of the fabric. Score!






No comments: