10k'er
Sal enjoyed her first ever 10k this past weekend, and did quite well, if I may say so myself. One hour, 6 minutes and some seconds (I forget), which is about 10 or 15 minutes off the times she was running in practice.
Personally, I prefer the 10k to the 5k. As the Keeper of the Gnomes during these races, the 5k doesn't allow much time for anything. I barely have enough time to see the start, find a good place to cheer, and then make it to the finish line. With the 10k, we watched the start, watched the kids' race, got some yummy treats at Cappy's Bakery, ate yummy treats by the harbor while we watched the boats and tourists, went home to pick up the camera, and still made it back in time to stand by the side of the finish line and have the kids say several times 'Here comes mama! Oh...no, that's not her.......Here comes mama!....'
Congrats Sal! How are those calves doing?



4 comments:
BRAVO SALLY! I did a 5K this past weekend--I hurt my foot; which makes for a fun time at a tradeshow. ha ha! I am proud of you and the narration of what happened while you were going--eating and such. wow.
Good job Sal!
nice job sally!
Sally, this is something to be very proud of and great for your children to witness.
CONGRATULATIONS!
Post a Comment