Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween

Yet another Halloween has come and gone. Costumes hang limp in closets, smashed carcasses of jack-o-lanterns are strewn in the streets, and the children’s candy has been appropriately taxed by parents.

Michael enjoyed himself immensely this year, and I think he’s starting to understand that the more houses he visits, the more candy he receives (probably because I’ve been drilling into him the last few days). Enzo was excited to get out there, but once he realized that there were dozens of scary monsters (with a few Elmos and bumble bees thrown in) roaming the streets, he wanted no part of it. So I spent the evening with a two-year old pressed into my chest, or on my shoulders. He would only come out of hiding as we approached a house, and he realized that candy was being given away. Then he’d sit up with a ‘Please!’ or ‘Trick or Treat!’, get his treat, and then retreat into my chest. I think he had fun, but he would have preferred if they had cleared the streets for him first.

Once we got back home, they each reviewed their loot, had a few pieces, and headed off to bed, where their nightmares awaited them.




















1 comment:

Suz said...

nice touch on superman's slicked hair..too cute!

i'm glad you guys had good weather and the boys could show off thier great costumes.

enjoy the loot!