Tuesday, February 07, 2006

One Year Blogaversary (if that's even a word)

One year ago today, I moved the Official Michael and The Enzo Web Site from the horrible Angelfire site to our new Blogger home. You might think I’d be tooting my own horn if I said that it’s been a great year, but from the comments I’ve received from daily onlookers, my sense is that most of you enjoy coming here and checking up on just what is going on in our kids’ lives. I must admit that I very much enjoy posting photos and doing a little ‘creative writing’ now and again. It’s quite fun, mostly because there are no editors over here, just pure, unadulterated Joe. The enjoyment I receive from doing this might be because I’m a self-important attention seeker, or simply because I enjoy sharing all the crazy, funny and annoying things that the two little runts do every day. Either way, it seems like it’s been a win-win situation.

Since the site moved, we’ve covered such burning topics as the proper definitions of ‘Whoopie Pie’ and ‘Ice Cream Sandwich’, HumVee madness, Enzo’s ‘Hunh?!?’ face, and, of course, who could forget Sally’s Road Rage. You’ve seen my kids with all different types of food in their hair, boxes on their heads, in boxes, (almost) naked in the tub, upside down goggles on their heads, capes around their necks, blood on their faces, smiles and frowns on their faces. You’ve witnessed birthday parties, holidays, the aftermath of shots and spills with cars in hand. You’ve seen Michael excel in Kindergarten, and you’ve seen Enzo go from a big immobile ball of smiles to a walking, talking little monkey. Hopefully, through the photos and stories on the site, you understand what living with these two little people is like. And if you’re interested in taking my place so I can move to Hawaii, please call 555-PLEASEGODHELPME. Just kidding. Hopefully, maybe, you’ve caught a glimpse of their souls, of what extraordinary and beautiful kids they are. If not, you’re not paying attention.


If you scroll down to the bottom of the site (go ahead, I’ll wait……..), you’ll see a little box that says ‘Site Meter’. That little box is my friend. It tells me a whole bunch of stuff about you, the reader. Probably more than you want me to know (pink underwear, Marty?!?). It helps me track not only how many people visit the site daily, but when, where and how they get here, and how long they stay. And I don’t even need a warrant.

Since I started with
Site Meter in August, we’ve had over 1000 visits, which would translate to 2000 visits for the year. We’ve had people visit from all over the U.S., mostly in New England, but also from Wisconsin, Florida, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Arizona and other states. We’ve also been visited by those in other countries, including Israel, Brazil, France, Spain, even New Jersey. Big props to the DAMNelsons, and to the Big Kahuna Island Architect for linking to us, as much of the traffic comes from you guys. Much appreciated.

I guess what I’m trying to say here is, thanks for visiting, for having boring enough lives that coming here to see what our lives are like provides you with entertainment; for your patience when I don’t post for awhile; and understanding with my sometimes odd and unintelligible sense of humor. Most of all, though, thanks for the encouragement. You may not know it, but it goes a long way in inspiring my writing and posting.

I’m looking forward to another great year, with cuter kids, better photos, funnier stories, and more embarrassing shots of people who really don’t want to see themselves (or their pregnant bellies) on the site. Most of all, I’m looking forward to all of you feeling as though your grandkids, nephews, cousins, that guy’s kids, or whatever, are not so far away. That’s why I started this thing in the first place.

2 comments:

rick is! said...

damn, you like to hear yourself talk don't you???

Anonymous said...

In marty's defense, i washed a red shirt with the laundry, he didn't choose pink underwear.

(where's my $20 hon?)